Pirate Juice has unknown origins. Its shadowy past includes appearances at Luca’s, my favorite bar in Locust Point until it closed in 2010. Not many know its ingredients or how to create it, but we have decided to share with you its secrets.
To make pirate juice properly, you will need:
- 3 cups Malibu Coconut Rum*
- 1.5 cups Pineapple juice*
- A dash of Naked Berry Blast juice (or something similar)
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Sliced fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries for topping. Apples, clementines, and blueberries are good, too.
*The Malibu and pineapple juice mixture is 2:1, so feel free to mix more than 3 cups/1.5 cups.
1. Mix the Malibu and pineapple juice.
2. Squeeze the orange wedges into the Malibu/pineapple juice mixture.
3. Fill a glass with ice and pour in the Malibu/pineapple mixture. Add a dash of Naked Berry Blast to the glass.
4. Top with fruit, and preferably, a straw. A paper umbrella too if you have one.
5. Drink outdoors for maximum enjoyment. A well-timed “arrrr” wouldn’t be misplaced, either. Happy summer cocktail drinking!