Festive and spicy, watermelon jalapeño margaritas are great for entertaining or drinking on your back porch. They’re simple, cheerful, and pretty – the colors are perfect for a summer afternoon.
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- 1/2 of a small watermelon
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño, sliced
1. Mix the tequila, fresh lime juice, and agave syrup into a glass with ice.
2. Puree the watermelon (after removing the rinds) in a blender.
3. Pour the watermelon puree in the drink mixture, add the sliced jalapeños (with seeds – the more seeds, the spicier), and stir well.
4. Garnish with a lemon wedge, watermelon chunk, and jalapeño slice.
5. Do not rub your eyes with the hand that chopped the jalapeños.
6. Enjoy! *