On this Vegetarian Monday, we present how to create a carnivore from vegetarian ingredients:
Cupcake for you, cupcake for me.
An army of darkness.
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup hemp milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350º
2. Combine all dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in boiling water.
4. Fill cupcake tins 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 22-25 minutes, then allow too cool.
1 stick butter
2/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup hemp milk (plus a little more)
1. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa with butter.
2. Alternatively add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed.
3. Ice bodies.
1. Melt white chocolate in a saucepan. (or in microwave if you have one. We do not.) Once white chocolate is melted, add red and orange food coloring to create a healthy monarch orange. Melt dark chocolate in a saucepan. (These must be melted in two different saucepans simultaneously.)
2. When both are melted, fill each type in a ziplock bag and squeeze all air out. Cut off a corner of each bag, each bag will be used as an icing bag.
3. Pipe dark chocolate icing in a wing outline, fill outline with white (now orange) chocolate. Drag toothpick through chocolate to make fancy wing patterns. Put in fridge and allow to cool and harden.
4. Once wings are cool, prop up on iced cupcakes by sinking them into the icing.
5. Add angry red eyes with red icing.
Wait for a lightning storm and set on window ledge.