Happy Vegetarian Monday! Every morning, Dani and I make berry shakes, pour them into to-go cups, and take them with us to the train station. Except on the weekend, of course, when we sip them leisurely out of coffee mugs. We don’t have an actual recipe; we just toss a random mix of things into the blender and they taste slightly different every day, but always delicious. They’re super healthy and a great way to start the morning.
You will need:
- 2 cups frozen fruit (mango, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, blackberries, raspberries, etc)
- a handful of chia seeds
- a tablespoon of almond butter
- 3 cups of hemp milk (or soy or almond – we like the flavor of hemp milk the best)
- a squeeze of agave nectar
- several squeezes of flax oil
- fresh lime juice
* All measurements are approximate.
The cast of characters: