Happy vegetarian monday (or tuesday, this week) from the senoritas! This week’s recipe is something delicious – a thick, creamy and extra healthy soup.
you will need:
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced scallions
- 1/8-1/4 cup soy milk
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When melted, add the onions, leeks, and potatoes, and saute for 15 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, and add salt and pepper.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Add the soy milk.
5. Remove the soup from the stove and puree in a food processor or blender in batches.
6. Return to the pan and re-heat.
7. Ladle into bowls, top with a tiny swirl of soy milk, and the chopped scallions.