quinoa taco salad … go.
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- cilantro, chopped
- romaine lettuce, broken into small pieces
- corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- lime juice
- virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- tostitos ‘touch of lime’ chips (optional)
1. cook your quinoa. for really good directions how, see here.
unfortunately, i had neither a colander with small holes or a cheesecloth. paper towels it is. you lose a bit of the quinoa as it gets stuck to the paper towel, but it was unavoidable.
4. chop, chop, chop your veggies (and herbs and fruit).
6. put your romaine lettuce on a plate (or bowl). heap quinoa on top, and then pile on the red onion, mango, avocado, cilantro, and corn. put chips around the edge if you like. sprinkle on a bit of dressing and serve with a lime wedge.
extra: for lunches the next day, put the romaine lettuce topped with quinoa in tupperware. pack the toppings into a separate tupperware, and put a bit of dressing in a third. bask in your coworker’s jealousy as you dig into this gorgeous, fragrant concoction at work.