Unless they interfere with his cocktail hour, the saturday swine has no interest in tornadoes.
Festive and spicy, watermelon jalapeño margaritas are great for entertaining or drinking on your back porch. They’re simple, cheerful, and pretty – the colors are perfect for a summer afternoon.
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- 1/2 of a small watermelon
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño, sliced
1. Mix the tequila, fresh lime juice, and agave syrup into a glass with ice.
2. Puree the watermelon (after removing the rinds) in a blender.
3. Pour the watermelon puree in the drink mixture, add the sliced jalapeños (with seeds – the more seeds, the spicier), and stir well.
4. Garnish with a lemon wedge, watermelon chunk, and jalapeño slice.
5. Do not rub your eyes with the hand that chopped the jalapeños.
6. Enjoy! *
Pirate Juice has unknown origins. Its shadowy past includes appearances at Luca’s, my favorite bar in Locust Point until it closed in 2010. Not many know its ingredients or how to create it, but we have decided to share with you its secrets.
To make pirate juice properly, you will need:
- 3 cups Malibu Coconut Rum*
- 1.5 cups Pineapple juice*
- A dash of Naked Berry Blast juice (or something similar)
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Sliced fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries for topping. Apples, clementines, and blueberries are good, too.
*The Malibu and pineapple juice mixture is 2:1, so feel free to mix more than 3 cups/1.5 cups.
1. Mix the Malibu and pineapple juice.
2. Squeeze the orange wedges into the Malibu/pineapple juice mixture.
3. Fill a glass with ice and pour in the Malibu/pineapple mixture. Add a dash of Naked Berry Blast to the glass.
4. Top with fruit, and preferably, a straw. A paper umbrella too if you have one.
5. Drink outdoors for maximum enjoyment. A well-timed “arrrr” wouldn’t be misplaced, either. Happy summer cocktail drinking!